Every year I make commitments for the next 365 days and a lot of the time I fail in my efforts. This year I have constructed my commitments to be very public and easily monitored by all closest to me.
Commitments for 2017-
- No social media -- I will still be social but it will be my blogs, phone calls and texts
- No personal TV watching -- I will still watch sports and movies with the family
- Vegan dietary practice strictly followed
This morning was a prime example of the vacuum left by my commitments. Normally when I get up before everyone else I plant my self on the couch and review social media while surfing for something to watch on TV. This morning I cooked my steel cut oats, sat down at the bar with my Chrome book/Nexus 6 and started writing this blog. I have a great feeling this change (minimalism) is going to create a very productive year free of a lot of distractions.
The items on my agenda today:
- Read my devotions
- Pickup around the house
- Put in a transition threshold for the door way to my daughters room
- Install weatherstripping on the front and back doors
- Prepare to lead our weekly family meeting
- Add some mulch to the flower beds in the front yard
- Spend quality time with my family
- Detail the inside of my minimalist Honda Fit with a 6-speed manual transmission